Stock and Legacy giving
Establish Your Impact
Friedens is committed to pushing the boundaries of traditional food pantries by building community and nourishing bodies —and your support is vital. Friedens mission is to build communities of peace throughout Milwaukee, nourishing the body, mind, and soul. We believe a dependable supply of food is a means of bringing hope and dignity to our food-insecure and marginalized neighbors.
Donations of appreciated securities—including stocks and bonds, deferred gifts through estate planning, and endowments—are an excellent way for you to provide legacy support to address food insecurity. These gifts to Friedens often provide even greater support than outright cash gifts. They empower us to carry forward with the work you care about, today and far into the future.
Did you know ... donating stock instead of cash may help you get a bigger tax break – here’s how:
- You receive an immediate tax deduction for the full market value of the stock.
- Tax savings! Donating stock allows you to avoid the capital gains tax you would owe if
you cashed in the securities.
- Donating stock directly to Friedens — versus selling and donating the proceeds —
can often reduce the cost of your gift by 50% or more.
Friedens welcomes your gift of stock, bonds, or mutual funds. Gifts of long-term appreciated securities offer you an advantageous way to support the work at Friedens, and your donation may unlock a charitable income tax deduction or minimize capital gains taxes.
To make a gift of stocks, please download our Stock Donations form and send it to the address indicated on the form either via mail or email.
For more information, email our Executive Director at email@example.com
Deferred gifts allow you to provide a more considerable legacy than might be possible through cash gifts given during your lifetime.
Forms of Planned Giving
- Bequests through a will or trust
- Gift of appreciated securities or closely held business stock
- Beneficiary designation on a retirement plan, brokerage account, or donor-advised fund
- Life insurance policy
- Outright gift of real estate or other personal property
- Establishing a Family Limited Partnership