Friedens Community Ministries Covid-19 Response:
For Pantry Shoppers
In order to protect shoppers, volunteers and staff we will be operating with the following changes:
- You will be greeted by a staff member or volunteer at the entrance. We will ask you a few questions at 6 feet apart. We are asking all clients to wait outside for their groceries. No waiting inside is allowed at this time and all groceries will be brought directly to clients.
- Please wait in line – 6 feet apart, and when it’s your turn, you will be brought a standard supply of nutritious groceries. There will be no "choice" shopping during the Covid-19 outbreak. We apologize for this, and will go back to "choice shopping" as soon as we can.
- We understand you may receive some food items you’re not fond of. You may give your unwanted items to a neighbor in need, but please do not discard these items outside the building.
We understand that this operation does not allow for choice of products, but to reduce the chances of virus transmission, we need to provide service as quickly and safely as possible. We will resume normal operations as soon as it is safe to do so. Please know that you will receive a variety of healthy foods from each of the main categories including: dairy, meats, dry goods, and produce. We will get through this together.
Community Members: Social Services
For emergency resource questions please contact 2-1-1, we are aware that 2-1-1 is very busy during these times, but they will be able to assist you with information on food and shelter needs.
For Volunteers & Staff
We have some basic information we’d like to share with you about the precautions we are taking at our pantries to keep everyone safe. With any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com
- As you’re probably aware, according to CDC, individuals who are 60 years or older, immunocompromised, or have underlying conditions are most at risk of complications of COVID-19. If you, or someone you live with, falls into this category, ask us about our volunteer opportunities that have little to no contact with community members.
- We are limiting our volunteer teams to 5 and trying to maintain at least 6 ft of distance within the pantry at all times. As such, it’s very important that we know in advance if your plans change and you are no longer able to make a scheduled shift. Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to reschedule to allow us time to find a replacement.
- Groceries are currently being pre-bagged by volunteers and delivered to community members at the door to limit contact.
- All volunteers will wear gloves, disinfect surfaces, and wear masks for the safety of everyone. If you have any personal protective equipment at home, please bring it the day you volunteer, otherwise gear will be provided to you. While supplies last, we have fabric masks to hand out. If you volunteer with us again (and we hope you do!) please wash your mask and bring it with you to help us maximize our supplies.
- If you develop any Covid-19 symptoms at all prior to volunteering please stay home, we love our volunteers and want to make sure everyone is staying safe
- We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available Monday - Saturday: pantry service, unloading deliveries, pre-bagging food, and rescuing produce from grocery stores. Please consider signing up for more than one opportunity, and sharing this request with friends and family
For Volunteer opportunities and signing up click here
Other Ways to get involved!
- In addition to volunteering, there are many other ways to support the pantries:
- Consider hosting a food and supply drive
- Cleaning supplies, Hygiene kits, PPE, non-perishable foods, Diapers & Formula
- We have weekly pick-ups from local grocery stores where volunteers are needed! Food waste is at an all time high during this pandemic, read more about it here. If interested in helping this cause contact Sydney at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For updates on our operations, make sure to follow us on Facebook and Sign-up for our Newsletter
- If you have a surplus of unused plastic bags at home, feel free to bring them when you volunteer. We are going through our supply more quickly than usual.
- Consider hosting a food and supply drive